How to install on Android Phones/Tablets
The screens shown on your device may look slightly different from the ones in this section.
If you get an error while trying to enroll your device in Intune you can Chat With Support.
CHAT WITH SUPPORT
Before or after enrolling, you may be asked to choose a category that best describes how you use your device. Your IT administrator uses this category to help determine what apps you have access to.
- Install the free Microsoft Intune Company Portal app on your device from Google Play.
- Open the Microsoft Intune Company Portal app.
- On the Company Portal Welcome screen, tap Sign in, and then sign in with your work or school account.
- If your IT administrator set up company terms and conditions, tap ACCEPTto accept the terms.
- If you are using an Android 6.0 or later device, do this step; otherwise, go to the next step.
If your IT administrator set up certain policies, you may see either or both of the following messages:
- If you see the message, Allow Company Portal to access your contacts?, tap ALLOW. It is safe to tap ALLOW, because Microsoft never accesses your contacts! Google controls the message text, so Microsoft cannot change it. When you allow access, it only allows the Company Portal app to access data logs to help troubleshoot issues with your device.
- If you see the message, Allow Company Portal to make and manage phone calls?, tap ALLOW. It is safe to tap ALLOW, because Microsoft never makes or manages your phone calls! Google controls the message text, so Microsoft cannot change it. When you allow access, it only allows the Company Portal app to see your phone number and an ID called an IMEI.
If you tap DECLINE, the messages will appear again the next time you sign in to the Company Portal app, but you can turn off future messages by tapping the Never ask again check box. If you later decide to allow access, go to Settings > Apps > Company Portal > Permissions > Phone, and then turn on the permission.
- Sign in to the Company Portal app using your work or school account and password, and tap Sign in.
- On the Company Access Setup page, tap BEGIN.
- Read about what you’ll be able to do when you enroll your device, and then tap CONTINUE.
- See the list of what your IT administrator can and can’t see on your enrolled device, and tap CONTINUE.
- Review some of the things that you might see once you tap Enroll. When you finish reading, tap ENROLL.
- On the Activate device administrator screen, tap ACTIVATE.
- Follow the prompts to enter a PIN or password. If you already set up a PIN or password on this device, you won't see this screen or be required to enter a new PIN or password.
- Follow the instructions below that match the type of device you’re using (native Android or Samsung Knox). If you don’t have a Samsung Knox device, follow the instructions for native Android. To determine if you have a Samsung Knox device, go to
Settings > About phone. If you don't see the word "Knox" listed there, you have a native Android device.
- Native (non-Samsung Knox) device: On the Name the certificate screen, tap OKto accept the default certificate.
- Samsung Knox device: Tap CONFIRM
You’ll see the following message appear on your screen as Intune enrolls your device.
- On the Company Access Setupscreen, tap CONTINUE. If your IT administrator set up additional security requirements, such as the need to set a password, follow the on-screen instructions, and then tap CONTINUE when you are taken back to the Company Access Setup screen.
- Tap DONE.
- Your device is now enrolled in Intune, and you are taken back to the Company Portal app.
- Before trying to install company apps, go to Settings > Security, and turn on Unknown sources. If you don't turn on this option before trying to install apps, you'll see the message "Install blocked. For security reasons, your phone is set to block installations of apps obtained from unknown sources." You can tap Settings on the error dialog to go to the Unknown sources option.
Watch the video to show you how…